How to reach us
The Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal occupies a truly strategic position with regard to all the points of access to the city.
Situated in front of the railway station Santa Lucia and next to the automobile terminal Piazzale Roma, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is easily reachable in a very few minutes, making your arrival in Venice simple and effortless.
This is how easy it is to reach us:
Train – on leaving Santa Lucia railway station you will immediately see the hotel on the opposite side of the Grand Canal (see photo). You need only to cross the Scalzi Bridge on your left and you will arrive at the hotel in just 3 minutes on foot. (see photo)
Car –If you arrive in Venice by car you can park in one of the numerous parking garages in Piazzale Roma, the automobile terminal, and you can reach the hotel easily on foot following the canal bank along the Grand Canal (see photo)
from Venice Marco Polo airport you can reach us by road or by boat:
- By private water taxi you will arrive directly at the hotel. We have our private landing stage on the Grand Canal to accommodate taxis and gondolas (see photo)
- By car taxi to Piazzale Roma and then on foot for five minutes, walking along the canal bank which follows the Grand Canal
- By direct bus ‘ATVO Airport Shuttle’ or with ACTV airport line you will arrive in 20/30 minutes at Piazzale Roma where you can easily reach the hotel on foot in five minutes.
from Treviso Canova airport:
- By ATVO Treviso Airport bus it takes about one hour to arrive at Piazzale Roma where the hotel is easily reachable on foot in five minutes.
Port /Maritime Station:
- By private water taxi you will arrive directly at the hotel. We have our private landing stage on the Grand Canal for taxis and gondolas.
- By the People Mover, a light overhead train which connects the Maritime Station to Piazzale Roma in five minutes, the ticket costs €1.00 per person available from automatic dispensers at the entry. From Piazzale Roma you can reach the hotel on foot in 5 minutes.
Please note: Depending on which wharf your ship moors at, it might be necessary to walk a piece of road inside the port area or take a car taxi.