How about going on a nice vacation this year to look for the magic…
HOW TO REACH US
Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is well located on the Grand Canal in a strategic position with regard to all the access points of Venice. Very close either to the main railway station “Santa Lucia” and to the car terminal “Piazzale Roma”, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is easily and conveniently accessible in minutes, making simple and trouble-free your arrival in Venice.
Here are some simple instructions:
As you get out the train station “Santa Lucia” you will immediately see the Hotel located on the opposite side of the Grand Canal (see picture). Simply cross the Bridge of Scalzi on your left and reach the hotel on foot in 3 minutes only (see picture).
If you come to Venice by car, you can park in one of the many car parks in Piazzale Roma, the car terminal, from where the hotel is easily reachable on foot along the “fondamenta”, the street that runs alongside the Grand Canal (see picture).
Upon request, we can reserve a parking space at the Garage San Marco. Please let us know model, color and license plate number of your car (at least one day’s notice). Payment directly to the cashiers of the garage, at your departure.
From Marco Polo Airport of Venice
You can reach us either by water and by land:
• By private water taxi you will reach directly the hotel. We have a private landing for boats and gondolas, conveniently located in front of the hotel entrance, on the Grand Canal (see picture);
• By car taxi to Piazzale Roma, from where the hotel is easily reachable on foot (5 minutes) along the “fondamenta”, the street that runs alongside the Grand Canal (see picture).
• By direct bus “Atvo Airport Shuttle” (20/30 minutes ride) to Piazzale Roma and then on foot to the Hotel (5 minutes) along the “fondamenta”, the street that runs alongside the Grand Canal.
From Canova Airport of Treviso
• By direct bus “ATVO Treviso Airport” (1 hour ride) you will reach Piazzale Roma from where the hotel is easily reachable on foot (5 minutes) along the “fondamenta”, the street that runs alongside the Grand Canal (see picture).
From the Port / Cruise Terminal / Stazione Marittima
If you come to Venice on a cruise, you can reach us:
• by private water taxi – most direct and fast way, directly to the hotel’s private landing
• by “People Mover” train from Stazione Marittima to Piazzale Roma (5 minutes ride) and then on foot (5 min.) along the “fondamenta”, the street which runs along the side of the Grand Canal.
Please note: depending on the platform where your ship docks, you may need to cover a stretch of road within the port on foot or by taxi (car).
HOW TO VISIT VENICE
Overlooking the famous Grand Canal, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is the ideal starting point for visiting Venice and the islands of the lagoon. Just opposite the hotel there are waterbus stops of all main lines leading to Rialto, San Marco, Lido and to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Those who wish to venture in the fascinating labyrinth of the town to live the authentic Venice, can walk in a few minutes to the old Jewish Ghetto or to the nearby Basilica of “Frari” (a masterpiece of gothic art, which houses works by Titian, Bellini, Dalle Masegne and many others), to the Scuola Grande San Rocco which preserves the extraordinary original work of Tintoretto, to the picturesque Campo Santa Margherita, to the Museum of natural History, to Casa Goldoni (the home of the great Venetian playwright – built in gothic style), to Ca’ Rezzonico (the most beautiful palace in Venice – today Museum of 18th century art – where you can admire works by Giorgio Masari, Canaletto, Pietro Longhi, Giandomenico Tiepolo and many others), and then on to Rialto and its colorful market, to proceed then to Piazza San Marco with a pleasant walk of about 30 minutes.