Valentine’s Day in Venice
Venice has a timeless reputation for a unique and romantic place.
Modern visitors are fascinated by the idea of a city on the water, with no cars, no traffic lights, no parking places. The water of the Venetian canals, full of lights and shadows, attracts our eyes and our heart.
Unfortunately, the city has increasingly become a pop phenomenon and, too often, most visitors come to Venice as for a ride on a merry-go-round or just to see a freak show in a hurry. But if you stay a few days more, Venice forces you to get into its rhythms and its habits, offering you a mysterious, romantic and surreal journey through time.
If you are in Venice for Valentine’s Day and you are looking for the perfect place in the city to kiss for the first time or to promise eternal love, this is our list:
- The Campanile of San Giorgio: an elevator allows you to climb to the top of the bell tower and enjoy a magnificent view of the city.
- Punta della Dogana: one of the most scenic places, a real embrace to the city of Venice.
- A Gondola ride: yes, maybe it is a little obvious, but the gondola remains one of the most romantic experiences.
- The Accademia Bridge at sunset: in the evening, when the crowd has left the city, the view from this bridge is incomparable.
- Palazzo Grimani: its courtyard, its frescoed and richly decorated rooms, its echoes and silences. This palace is the perfect place for those who are looking for that romantic sweet silence.
- Restaurant La Cupola: Valentine’s romantic dinner with live music.